Sunday, October 7, 2007

Heres a Blog from a week ago

I remembered a funny story that proceeds the actual tale of The Alchemist. It goes like this. Its said that when Narcissus died, the goddesses of the forest appeared and found the lake which had been fresh transformed into a lake of salty tears. So the goddesses asked the lake why do you weep. And the lake replied I weep for Narcissus!
So they replied its no wonder for though we always pursued him in the forest, you alone could contemplate his beauty close at hand. And the lake replied But was Narcissus beautiful? And they replied Who better to know than you! After all it was on your banks that he knelt each day to contemplate himself! So the lake was silent for a time and finally said I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because in his eyes I saw my own beauty reflected.

This story was always interesting to me, shows how important we are, and for the most part only to a few people, in a short life. But it still amazes me what exactly we can accomplish in such a short time, and sadly how we also squander what little we are given.

haven't you wondered at the accomplishments of certain men and aghast at total wasting of energy, intellect f others. What I wonder separates. Will? Belief in ones abilities? When I was finishing up my training I remember how absolutely difficult certain people tried to make my transition, but nevertheless, I also remember waking up everyday and telling myself that I would do better TODAY! But I also planned ahead, each night I would write down what I learned and proceed to plan out step by step what I needed to do. I don't know where I got the strength, but am very thankful for it. Praise be to the King Amen! I could have easily given up, maybe it was anger a sense of trying to prove not only to myself, but to those in authority that I was not going anywhere.

I was able to get alot of studying done today, tomorrow I am off as well. I plan on going to the library early, I love it when there are very few people there. You can almost hear yourself think lool. Its been a good year, Alhamdulilah! I hope for another even better coming. Amen! Ramadhan is almost over and like every Muslim there is a bit of sadness, a holy month soo wonderful. In the beginning our bodies forget and pain for food, but after a few days you get used to it and you read the Quran, Hadith. There is a sense of closeness that cant be described to ones Creator I mean. May the Self-Subsisting forgive our sins and guide us all into Himself! There is a passage that always brings me to tears its something like this and God forgive me if I dont remember it all so well. When a servent of mine comes walking to me, God says I shall go running to him. I weep because who are we? That the one who created the very things I am sitting here trying to figure out should come running I should go crawling! Sometimes I look at equations and I think its Gods way of saying come and find me. It eases the initial frustration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.